Looking for old or previous versions of VLC?
You got to the right place. VLC-Video is the #1 website to get all the latest updates of VLC and previous versions.
Why should I bother downloading previous versions?
Any version comes with a set of changes. Sometimes features are added, and occasionally features are omitted. If you want a specific version - look no further - you got to the right place. Check out the description and change history for VLC 0.7.2 below.
What's new in version 0.7.2?
Core support: * Bookmarks feature for easier seeking/access inside medias. * Support for video output embedded in interfaces. * Improved HTTP daemon. * Saved playlists now remember VLC-specific options. Codecs: * New Continuous Media Markup Language (CMML) codec. (http://www.annodex.net/overview.html) * New H.261 video decoder using openmash. * H264 encoder, demuxer and packetizer. * Packetizer interfaces between demux and codec when needed (allows using ffmpeg plugin to decode MPEG streams and better aac decoding). * Support for Theora alpha3 (both decoding and encoding). Input: * --start-time
and --stop-time to start and stop playing a
file at the specified amount of seconds. Only works with a few
fileformats (avi, mov, mkv, mp4 )
* Improved directory access module.
* New "file-cat" option to play truncated movies.
* Better handling of meta info (title, author, description, etc...).
* New options to pass meta info to the input.
* It is now possible to stream programs from a DVB-S/C/T stream
(satellite, cable, or digital terestrial television)
* Annodex (http://www.annodex.net) support.
* mmsh streaming fixes.
* Fixed infinite loop in the AVI demux on broken/incomplete files.
* Subviewer and subviewer v2 subtitles support.
* Ability to choose autodetected subtitles path.
* Subtitles delay can be changed in real time with hotkeys.
* Improved session announcement system.
* Minimize threads usage by default.
* Added faster than realtime stream output (limited by CPU) for file output.
* Improved MOV/MP4 muxer.
* Improved MPEG TS muxer.
* Improved transrater.
* Meta info options used by the muxers.
* New configuration system.
* Better audio channels downmixing when transcoding.
* New videolan (media) manager (vlm): a little manager designed to launch
and manage multiple streams from within one instance of VLC.
* Supports live streams and VoD.
* Supports scheduling.
* Telnet interface for vlm.
* HTTP interface for vlm.
* Skins II (Windows and Linux only)
- Ability to embed video output.
- Support for bitmap fonts.
- Lots of improvements.
* wxWindows (default Windows and Linux interface)
- New design and set of icons.
- Ability to embed video output.
- Support for hotkeys.
- Support for bookmarks.
* Mac OS X
- Support for 'groups' and playlist item properties.
- Better hotkeys handling.
Mac OS X port:
* OpenGL video output is now the default when available.
* Added FAAC encoder (mp4a).
* Audio output fix to work with multiple streams on a HAL device.
* Possible fix for conflict with CodeTek VirtualDesktop (untested).
* DirectShow input plugin should work with more devices.
* Disable monitor power down when watching movies.
* Improved Windows installer.
* PowerPC fixes.
* Improvements to the Goom visualisation plugin.
* Roku HD1000 audio output.
All Versions of VLC VideoLan
- VLC 1.1.9
- VLC 1.1.8
- VLC 1.1.7
- VLC 1.1.6
- VLC 1.1.5
- VLC 1.1.4
- VLC 1.1.3
- VLC 1.1.2
- VLC 1.1.1
- VLC 1.1.0
- VLC 1.0.6
- VLC 1.0.5
- VLC 1.0.4
- VLC 1.0.3
- VLC 1.0.2
- VLC 1.0.1
- VLC 1.0.0
- VLC 0.9.9a
- VLC 0.9.9
- VLC 0.9.8a
- VLC 0.9.6
- VLC .0.9.5
- VLC 0.9.4
- VLC 0.9.3
- VLC 0.9.2
- VLC 0.9.1
- VLC 0.9.0
- VLC 0.9.10
- VLC 0.8.6
- VLC 0.8.5
- VLC 0.8.4
- VLC 0.8.2
- VLC 0.8.1
- VLC 0.8.0
- VLC 0.7.2
- VLC 0.7.1
- VLC 0.7.0